Please click here to see the popup 1
|JOB TITLE:||Graduate Design Engineer|
|COMPANY NAME:||Summit Systems Ltd|
|COMPANY ACTIVITIES:||Plastics Automation|
|JOB TYPE:||Full Time Permanent|
|SALARY & PACKAGE DETAILS:||£22k+ PA, 25 days holiday + statutory holidays, full product training + excellent company benefits.|
|MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:|| Tamworth based, commutable from West Midlands area.
Are you a Design Engineer looking to work for a global leader on large multiple projects where you will have structured progression to become a technical expert? You must have the desire to progress and excel your role within the business.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a small team and work on complex mechanical design projects while receiving on-going training and progression seeing you as one of the go-to Engineers in the department.
The company is renowned around Europe for our products and support multi OEM equipment across our group.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in a variety of technical tasks.
You will learn how produce Cad drawings, BOM, liaising with other departments to solve technical issues as well as providing support to our company's renowned customers.
This role would suit a Graduate Design Engineer looking for fantastic training/development within a leading company within the plastics Industry.
• Sales support on Complex systems, products or concepts.
• Supplier and Customer liaison.
• Support Technical specification.
• Prepare detailed scope of supply for Quotations.
• Learn Mechanical calculations to support all Quotations
• Produce CAD drawings and BOM for design and build projects.
• CAD support for all departments.
• Communicate supplier issues and potential improvements within the business.
• Support the technical department if requested with pre and post project concerns – Help diagnose faults and rectify.
• Maintain strong customer relationships, visits to sites for project support with or without sales engineers after 1-year service.
|QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||Essential Qualifications:
C&G Mechanical Engineering / Electromechanical Engineering (or similar).
Must hold a current Full UK driving licence.
Learning Experience :
Good understanding of electrical controls Inc. good understanding of PLC/Automation
Basic Knowledge of pneumatics.
Methodical approach and strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to multi task under pressure.
Good communication and inter-personnel skills – and can communicate technical information (Inc. to people who are not familiar with engineering terms).
Customer focused communication, coordination and service.
Support the business with ideas and forward thinking.
Technical report writing (structured clear communication of problems, solutions and improvements)
Understanding of Auto Desk and CAD inventor SW.
Not essential but advantageous:
Pneumatic conveying and mechanical handling systems experience.
Plastics Industry background/Materials handling
Project management/MS project
MS Dynamics CRM
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||31st January 2020|