Please click here to see the popup 1
|JOB TITLE:||Tooling Manager|
|COMPANY NAME:||Sierra 57 Consult Ltd|
|COMPANY ACTIVITIES:||Injection Moulding|
|JOB TYPE:||Full Time Permanent|
|SALARY & PACKAGE DETAILS:||£45-50K + bonus|
|MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:|| Job Overview: Retained and working exclusively for an injection moulding business group we seek a Tooling Manager with prior experience of injection moulding tool design.
For this exciting & job satisfying role, applicants MUST HAVE injection moulding Tool Design skills, be proficient in using 3D CAD in designing the Mould Tool and likely to have progressed from a CAD Engineer, Design Engineer or Tooling Engineer with good skills, experience & knowledge of injection mould tool manufacturing.
Key criteria & experience needed:
• Develop core ideas for products and production systems for complex plastic injection moulding tools on behalf of various Tier 1 clients in Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics, Medical Device, Consumer Product and other Industrial markets.
• Retain focus on process and product improvement / inception, simulations and presentation of complete design details.
• Conduct customer project meetings and understand their expectations to support product pre-production tool trialing before mass production.
• Complete design and generation of 3D surface tooling data for manufacture from component CAD data provided.
• Generate 2D general arrangement drawings from component CAD data and plant tooling specifications provided.
• Conducted 3D surface tooling and General Arrangement Reviews for outsourced tooling.
• Use engineering principles to increase efficiency and value of business, utilizing cost-effective mechanisms while improving overall productivity.
• Perform numerous component and tool feasibility studies to evaluate CAD data and document problems with solutions for customers.
• Knowledge of tooling design and tool design concept, simulations
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative to achieve objectives and taking accountability for duties/action undertaken
• The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and at all levels within the Company
• Is able to work as part of a team to achieve team objectives
• Able to respond positively to changing work demands
• Takes decisive action to address and react to opportunities and problems in day to day work
• Is conscientious and thorough in all aspects of work responsibilities, and has a professional approach to work
• Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving/fault finding issues
• Good attention to detail
• Good clear English communication skills, - written, verbal
• Good MS skills with Outlook, Word
• Strong experience with a modern 3D CAD solid modelling software package
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||29th February 2020|