Please click here to see the popup 1
|JOB TITLE:||Technical Director - Injection Moulding|
|COMPANY NAME:||Sierra 57 Consult|
|COMPANY ACTIVITIES:||Injection Moulding|
|JOB TYPE:||Full Time Permanent|
|SALARY & PACKAGE DETAILS:||Excellent remuneration package + relocation assistance|
|MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:|| Job Overview: Working exclusively for our client, an established plastic injection moulding manufacturer on the South Coast, we are recruiting for an experienced Technical Director.
Technical Director Suitability:
• Seeking proven senior technical plastic injection moulding professionals with excellent experience & knowledge of plastic injection moulding manufacturing processes, tooling, machine tool & ancillary specification, you will have several years’ expertise of primary production operations and secondary assembly applications.
• You will good strong clear, concise & effective communication & presentation skills with strong people management, development, mentoring & nurturing skills for leading a successful technical moulding team.
• You will undertake the Technical Leadership for the business and play a key role in driving the company to World Class status, promoting their current industry presence and driving both engineering change and cultural change, striving to promote and exceed upon their previous & current success and equally being extremely busy throughout a challenging COVID period, culminating in a successful & interesting past few years of significant growth.
As Technical Director, your duties will include (but not be limited to) -
• Technical Leadership of the business and reporting directly to board level
• Review and challenge all technologies currently in play within design, tooling, moulding, assembly and other secondary operations
• Produce a Technical roadmap delivering the business to World Class status.
Key contributor to annual Strategy Review for Technical Director role:
• Responsibility for the day to day Technical leadership across the company from NPI to Production Engineering and Automation to reduce labour costs, increase efficiency and effectiveness and enhance performance on Quality.
• Additional ownership of the Manufacturing operations ensuring the seamless technical performance between design, moulding, secondary operations and production engineering.
• Through the Leadership of the Technical team determine material suitability and processability, engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness for customer requirements for new and existing products.
• Ultimate Technical ownership of trials for new products, technologies, and new tooling (including the use of mouldflo & DfM) from initial concept to customer approval.
• Review and develop new and/or enhance existing procedures, statistical analysis, testing, inspection and validation activities as appropriate. Contribute to the organisation’s process improvement activities.
• Identify and propose ways to utilise new technology to optimise design, engineering and manufacturing effectiveness.
• Costing/budget management to maintain cost effective performance, reporting regularly to Leadership Team, to achieve KPIs and functional objectives.
• Plan and prioritise Technical resource to satisfy Customers requirements and the needs of the business.
• Ensuring a risk-free Health & Safety culture is paramount in all activities.
• Develop a Road Map to take the operational and visual performance of the Technical team to a World Class Level, whilst also contributing to driving the manufacturing technology to the next level.
|QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||To be successful in the role of the Technical Director the ideal candidate will -
• Be experienced in Technical leadership within an Injection moulding environment covering polymers, moulding, tooling, design and development for more than 10 years.
• Possess a formal Engineering or Technical Qualification.
• Have Demonstrable understanding of a wide application of technical principles in polymer injection moulding, tool design, and theories and concepts in manufacturing process technology and automation.
• Clearly display the gravitas to operate at Board Level and deal with key decision-makers in the customer arena.
• Possess experience in the sourcing and implementation of manufacturing automation.
• Have held a Management, Director, Head of Department or significant senior post within an organisation
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||15th October 2020|