Please click here to see the popup 1
|JOB TITLE:||Tooling Project Engineer|
|COMPANY NAME:||Willcox Matthews|
|JOB TYPE:||Full Time Permanent|
|SALARY & PACKAGE DETAILS:||£32-£35K|
|MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:|| Brief Role Description:
To manage new Moulding and Extrusion tooling projects (NPD and replacement), ensuring that the projects are delivered on time and in full and within budget. Identify and implement opportunities for improvements to existing tooling in order to drive increased operational productivity and quality, and support manufacturing cost reduction initiatives. Provide technical support for all aspects of Tooling relating to reliability, training, maintenance, fault finding and reporting.
Relevant Job Titles:
Tooling Engineer, Tooling Project Engineer, Project Engineer, Moulding Project Engineer, Project Manager,
• Create a database and manage Tooling information on IFS
• Drive and manage investigations into Tooling improvement possibilities.
• Collaborate with the Engineering, Innovations, Automation, and production teams in order to continually improve all aspects of current and new Tooling
• Create and present feasibility reports for all identified Tooling opportunities.
• Create and Coordinate project teams to achieve the agreed project outcomes.
• Ensure all Tooling projects are embedded with the local teams for seamless handover to production
• Work with external suppliers to ensure all new tooling is specified to PBS exact requirements.
• Actively drive S.M.E.D. tooling initiatives.
• In all projects involving new Tooling the person will be Tooling project technical lead whilst being responsible for project management activities.
• Provide technical support for all aspects of Tooling fault finding and improvement.
• Identify and coordinate Tooling training opportunities for self and wider teams.
• Coordinate planned maintenance and Tooling repairs with the toolroom, planning department, production, and external resources to ensure all tooling is available for production when required.
• Actively research Tooling developments within the group, external suppliers, and manufacturing businesses.
• Liaise with Tooling and production teams within the group to share knowledge.
• Drive company values and promote an environment of continuous improvement
|QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||• Excellent knowledge of injection moulding and extrusion Tooling design preferably qualified to a minimum HNC level in an engineering field involving electrical / mechanical Engineering or Tooling
• Knowledge of metrology
• Knowledge of S.M.E.D
• An ability to communicate with internal stakeholders / project teams and external Tooling companies
• Project management skills and experience.
• Ability to troubleshoot Tooling faults
• Good understanding of the injection moulding and extrusion process.
• Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Willingness to travel to external Toolmakers (worldwide)
• An understanding of machine / automation safety requirements (potentially IOSH or similar training).
• Ideally experienced with PVC building products tooling.
• Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines as part of a team or individually
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||30th November 2020|