Please click here to see the popup 1
|JOB TITLE:||Senior Mechatronics Engineer|
|COMPANY NAME:||Willcox Matthews Ltd|
|COMPANY ACTIVITIES:||Medical Device|
|JOB TYPE:||Full Time Permanent|
|SALARY & PACKAGE DETAILS:||£80,000 - £90,000 + Excellent Benefits Package|
|MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:|| Brief Role Description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful manufacturer of Safety Critical Components, in their search for a Principal Mechatronics Engineer to join their expanding team.
We are looking for an exceptional Principal Mechatronics Engineer to join our Architecture Team. Reporting to our Chief Engineer you will be delivering safe, reliable, and scalable medical robotics solutions. Globally approving, standardising, and optimising technical solutions, with a focus on arm, instruments, and control systems architecture.
You will be a module owner for mechanical and control modules throughout the product life cycle, challenging the organisation by bringing in state-of-the-art technology, development, and governance methods. This role will provide new thinking to push technology into an enabler for future medical robotics business opportunities and delivering solutions in the medical device area, working with certifications and regulatory processes in all global markets.
• Manage complex mechatronic systems that are supporting a multibillion-dollar business
• Global approval of technical solutions for a team of 25-100 engineers
• Governance & optimisation of modules with senior managers in a cross-functional team responsible for balancing requirements
• Standardisation & optimisation of technical solutions
• Provide technical documentation, related to mechatronics systems and modules, to fulfil regulatory requirements
• Support the business in preparing strategic plan and projects
• Mentoring and coaching of engineers to secure knowledge transfer
|QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
• A MSc/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
• Experience: 12+ years product development, 5+ years in technology, project, and/or line management.
• International experience: +5 years in a global role and/or international assignment.
• High level of expertise in robotics technology as well as a deep understanding of the complete robot lifecycle.
• Capacity to understand advanced technologies, concepts and ideas and ability to integrate them into a future industrial robotics context
• Understanding of Modularity product platforms with a holistic & cross-functional perspective of product development
• Excellent communication skills and Multicultural experience
• Willingness to travel
• English – fluent (other languages are a plus)
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||30th April 2021|