Dearing Plastics have been Moulding Plastic for more than 30 years in the Hull area, working with excellent clients both in the UK and Europe, while currently leading the field in the Plastic Moulding Industry.
Due to our continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team of Injection Moulding Setters/Tool Setters.
We are looking for a self-driven, punctual, and confident communicator that is supportive of others and is capable of leading a team in our busy and expanding company.
- Have the effective personal technical skills to install and set injection mould tools to moulding machines (60 to 1000 tonnes) and associated ancillary machinery, a good knowledge of Negri Bossi machines would be an advantage.
- To work as part of a team to ensure targets for delivery, quality and efficiency are met.
- To monitor and improve the moulding process and help achieve optimum moulding conditions for all tools.
- Communicate problems and issues encountered that impact on manufacturing schedules
- General organisation of shift
- Manage and deploy labour and machinery on shift
- Monitoring and maintaining of quality standards
- Monitoring levels of scrap, investigating reasons and taking remedial action as required
- Identifying and facilitating improvements in productivity
- Supervision of staff and enforcement of company policies on shift
- Coordination on changeover between shifts to ensure smooth crossover of production
- Coordination of tooling requirements for production
- Installation of tooling and setting
- Reporting of required maintenance to plant machinery and tooling and coordinating with contractors when necessary
- Good appreciation of health and safety in the workplace including use of PPE.
- Understanding of the production process with knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repairs, and maintenance requirements
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Mould fault troubleshooting & FLT/Counterbalance license
- Minimum 3 years in injection moulding environment
- Setting injection moulding tools up to 1000 tonnes
- Adherence to procedures and standards
- Working with Negri Bossi Machines/Hot runner systems/Pick and place robots
- Movement of tools using slingers/crane
- Insert changing in moulds.