Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a manufacturer of bespoke mouldings we are looking to appoint a CMM Technician to join their established and successful team.
- In the role of CMM Technician, you will be responsible for operating, programming and running reports from their CMM equipment
- As CMM Technician you will work closely with the managers and supervisors to implement quality measures.
- As CMM Technician you will be a crucial member of the quality inspection team and will be responsible for the operations in this area.
- The successful CMM Technician candidate will champion activities for quality delivery, cost and safety objectives and will support continuous improvement through Kaizen.
- Prepare standardized work procedures and facilitate effective communication of procedures to affected areas.
- Must be able to assist in manpower management and ability to control overtime.
- Must be able to successfully lead and function within a team environment and be able to adapt to change.
- Responsible for 5S activities for assigned area.
- Support company policies and procedures as defined in handbook and administer fairly and consistently.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Receptive of training and performing functions in multiple areas.
- Responsible for implementation and follow up of countermeasure activities related to customer and/or department issues.
- Must be willing to travel to customers, suppliers, etc. as needed.
- Must ensure that all safety procedures and practices are implemented and followed.
- Must complete all necessary reporting and required paperwork.
- Recognize and define problems, collect data, and develop reports.
Key Skills & Experience:
Job Ref: SC22-5160
- Must be from a quality/inspection related background (manufacturing & automotive preferred).
- Must have general understanding of quality assurance system.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of quality systems, gauging and close tolerance measurement.
- Knowledge of CMM is essential.
- Working knowledge of PC Dmis will be highly beneficial
- You will have strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
Key Words: “Quality Engineer”, “Quality Technician”, “Quality Engineering”, “Quality Inspector”, “CMM Technician”, “CMM Engineer”, “Metrology Technician”, CMM, PCDMIS, “PC Dmis”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.