Job Overview: Our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for an Injection Moulding Setter to join their team to support continued business growth.
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- The role of an Injection Moulding Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- In the role injection moulding setter you will be required to start up and shut down injection mould machines, as per procedures following all instructions on setting sheets including water connection diagrams.
- As injection moulding setter you will provide general support for the moulding division, ensuring a constant high-level of housekeeping across all areas ensuring a safe and healthy work environment, safety standards are always adhered to consistently and work is completed to within agreed safe practices and legislation. Checking process packs for any discrepancies or inaccuracies wherever possible.
- Prepare for tool changes prior to current order completion.
- Complete last off checks, and place tools in correct location on rack and inform Shift Manager so that changes can be made to the tooling database, if necessary.
- Ensure that all equipment is set up, the full cell is ready to run, and parts are running to standard.
- Trial new tools to the correct procedure, making sure trial paperwork is present ready for QA or QE.
- Discuss any tooling issues with Shift Manager in order to raise tool reports if a tool breaks or ideas of how to improve for next production run.
- Set up, run and monitor all automated and ancillary equipment for each production line or cell, to include, dryers, hot runners, temperature controllers and hoppers
- Good Housekeeping (5S) – Ensure machines are kept tidy; do not leave tools on machine beds, remove purgings; put SMED items back on stands; etc. Also, whenever possible use the final 30 minutes of the shift to assist general 5S, in terms of cleaning
- Optimise machine cycle times. Ensure parts are running to cycle, and report to the shift manager if the cycle time is not running to costed cycle.
- Diligently maintain accurate records and data to support monitoring of all performance criteria.
- Handover meeting at the end of the shift to the next shift Setter.
- Participate in and actively promote the company’s CIP (continuous improvement program) looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste.
- Minimum 5 years injection moulding experience
- Recognised injection moulding qualifications an advantage
- Materials processing experience to include PVC, ABS, Polycarbonate, Polypropylene & Glass filled Nylon
- Tool hanging / removal & setting of injection mould presses
- Troubleshooting & Problem solving
- Basic machine maintenance
- Effective team worker
- Flexible attitude in carrying out different types of work
- Able to work overtime when required
- Good communication skills to line management level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Job Ref: SC22-5164
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastic”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.