Job Overview: Our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for a Senior Injection Moulding Setter / Operator to join their team to support continued business growth and expansion of their UK operation.
- As a Senior Setter, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- The role of a Senior Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- A fantastic opportunity to work for a growing, innovative company who place great importance on providing training and development opportunities for their staff.
- The Senior Setter will ensure the designated machines are operated and run in accordance with the required production schedule. To maintain and strive to improve the company’s current health, safety and environmental
- In the role of Senior Setter, you must ensure the Injection Moulding machines are set to the optimum conditions to produce quality components meeting company standards and customer requirements.
- To execute colour, insert, printer and mould changes according to the production plan.
- To perform quality and material tests (MFI) on a regular basis according to instructions.
- As Senior Setter it is your responsibility to implement appropriate corrective action when quality issues are reported by a Machine Operator.
- To organise cover for breaks for and in co-operation with the Machine Operators.
- To provide semi-finished products such as wheels, axles etc to the production lines.
- To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained on the shop floor and maintain the organisation of the semi-finished/finished product storage areas.
- To ensure the correct loading/unloading of recycling material and new material deliveries.
- Discuss any tooling issues with Shift Manager in order to raise tool reports if a tool breaks or ideas of how to improve for next production run.
- Set up, run and monitor all automated and ancillary equipment for each production line or cell, to include, dryers, hot runners, temperature controllers and hoppers
- Diligently maintain accurate records and data to support monitoring of all performance criteria.
- To maintain and strive to improve the company’s current health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Minimum 5 years injection moulding experience
- Recognised injection moulding qualifications an advantage
- Materials processing experience to include PVC, ABS, Polycarbonate, Polypropylene & Glass filled Nylon
- Tool hanging / removal & setting of injection mould presses
- Troubleshooting & Problem solving
- Basic machine maintenance
- Effective team worker
- Flexible attitude in carrying out different types of work
- Able to work overtime when required
- Good communication skills to line management level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Job Ref: SC22-5165
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastic”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.