Job Overview: Our client, an industry leading injection moulding manufacturer, are looking to expand their QC team with an additional Quality Controller
- Accountable for all quality assurance during production, signing off First-Offs, undertaking regular patrols to include visual, measurement and mating part checks to ensure conformity to process (PWI / QMSR111) and customer specification, highlighting and escalating issues as necessary.
- Working with the Shift Technician to resolve issues, escalating issues to the Quality Manager if required.
- Responsible for inspecting and monitoring the production lifecycle to ensure that all 1st off are to specification, checking the batch codes are correct and recorded correctly, confirming 1st off approval to in line with QSP 8.2.103 1st Off Batch Approval Procedure. Auditing of Gold Standard machines and ensuring all previous product and rejects are cleared from the working area.
- Responsible for ensuring all paperwork is complete, supporting operators by answering questions and working with the Production Supervisor to undertake training as required to ensure the operators are competent and fully understand the quality standards required.
- Accountable for the consistent inspection of manufactured product throughout shift, speaking with all operators and technical staff to ensure that all product meets the customer specifications. Undertaking visual, measured and mating part audits of all products, undertaking audit checks on boxed items and quality stamping components to show they have passed quality control (QSP 8.2.102).
- Monitoring and analysis of all scrap produced during production in consultation with Quality Team, updating Mattec / Post Production Scrap report as required.
- Checking aspects of all moulding and assembly work against the quality check sheets, highlighting non-conformities to the Quality Team and Shift Technician as appropriate, issuing a Stop in Production where required (QSP 8.3.102).
- Ensure any non-conforming product is moved into the Quarantine / Rework area immediately, and transfer inventory to appropriate Quarantine (INSP / REWORK / QCHOLD) locations on Winman. Undertaking a full check on any remaining stock on all Manufacturing Orders to contain the issue before investigation can be carried out.
- Producing & Issuing Quality Bulletins where appropriate.
- Ensuring all shift Quality / Housekeeping issues are detailed on the shift handover board, and that there is a QC presence at the shift handover meeting.
- Malvern Shift Non-Conforming Product – Ensure all finished and individual components are accounted for and analysed for defect mode.
- Responsible for all packing activities, de spru-ing sorting/separation of product and sprues as required trimming, 100% inspecting all stock when defects are found.
- Monitor tooling deterioration, raising a tool repair request as required ensuring deterioration does not get to a level that causes product quality issues (preventative maintenance of tooling)
- Working as part of the 8D project team where required, supporting in the investigation, analysis, implementation and verification of preventative and corrective actions.
- Completion of ISIR’s for current (EC) and new (NPI) projects – Includes measurement of components and compiling relevant reports and documentation.
- Conducting capability studies and compiling relevant documentation.
- Operating and programming of specialised measuring equipment (CMM &OGP) to undertake dimensional checks on product.
- QC1 & QC2, Daily and weekly cleaning to set 5S standard.
- Identify and support continuous improvement activities. Any other ad-hoc duty as required by the business, including supporting stock taking activities where required.
- Generation and amendment of QMSR111’s.
- Supporting the creation of Process Working Instructions (PWI), updating and amending existing as required.
- Reporting of 100% shortages and rectifying where possible (out of office hours) for Press and 2nd ops.
- Completing/arranging rework activities. Providing instructions methods of rework to the Production Team and ensuring all rework is done to meet the customer’s specification.
- Raise maintenance requests when issues are found on production equipment.
- Undertake Last Off checks in line with the relevant procedure.
- Setting up of inspection criteria in Mattec.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment.
- Process orientated, with an eye for detail.
- Commercially savvy, making the right decision by balancing customer and business needs
- Computer literate, including MS Windows/Office Products and MRP systems
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication
- Understanding and experience of working to ISO9001 / ISO13485
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to read and understand quality check sheets and undertake visual checks.
- Ability to use measuring tools to undertake dimensional checks in line with those required by quality check sheets, including a Digital Calliper, shadow graph, pin and thumb gauges, slip gauges etc.
Desirable Skills and Experience
Job Ref: SC22-5161
- Previous experience Educated up to GCSE Level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working to ISO 13485
- Experience of WinMan (ERP) and Mattec (Production Monitoring) systems or similar
- Previous experience of running CMM programs - desirable
- Exposure to 8D process and procedures
- An engineering qualification at HNC level or City and Guilds Engineering qualification would be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of injection moulding common faults.
- Quality control experience: 1 year essential
Key Words: “Quality Engineer”, “Quality Technician”, “Quality Engineering”, “Quality Inspector”, “Quality Controller”, Manufacturing,
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.