Job Overview: Working exclusively alongside our client, a specialist injection moulding manufacturer we are looking for 2x Injection Moulding Setter / Shift Lead’s to join their established production team to support continued business growth.
Scope: Fantastic opportunity for a skilled mould setter to join a secure and forward-thinking company who provide extensive training and development opportunities for their staff.
- As a Setter / Shift Lead, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- As Setter / Shift Lead, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
- The role of a Setter / Shift Lead is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- In the role of Setter / Shift Lead you will be required to manage the staff based on the shop floor and to supervise the quality and quantity of their output in accordance with SOP.
- To carry out tool changes effectively and safely in the injection moulding areas of the business
- To be able to work well within the technical injection moulding setting, processing & optimisation team
- Basic machine maintenance and trouble shooting
- To ensure injection moulding processes can achieve targeted scarp and efficiency levels, on new and existing products.
- To supervise the setter/technical staff based on the shop floor to supervise the quality and quantity of their output in accordance with SOP.
- To drive continuous improvements ensuring product quality is maintained & good working practices are adhered to.
- To maintain such processing knowledge to enable accurate and efficient processing of the materials that may be utilised across the moulding operation and the processes employed to deliver output.
- To liaise with all members of the department to ensure operations run smoothly
- To ensure Health & Safety rules are maintained with your own work area and demonstrate a duty of care to colleagues, visitors, contractors or anyone else on site.
Activities, Duties and Key Tasks:
- Follow Health and Safety regulations within the company
- Prepare, set and run jobs in the injection department in line with costed cycle times and quality requirements – following the paperwork for the process.
- To be aware of tool change times and provide solutions for improvement of this.
- Complete and update necessary paperwork
- Ensure staff are trained accordingly in all aspects.
- Record training provided to staff.
- To provide information and support in the appraisals and 121 processes: providing feedback on individuals staff performance.
- To take responsibility for addressing poor practices either personally or by pointing them out to others.
- Observe continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications and to detect jams or malfunctions, adjusting as necessary.
- Measure and visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Perform maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machines.
- Read specifications, blueprints, and work orders to determine setups, temperatures, and time settings required to mould plastic materials, as well as to plan production sequences.
- To undertake first-off inspections, undertaking measurements against specifications/drawings and undertake quality control measures
- Remove parts such as tools from machines after production runs are finished and ensure total clean down of run is completed.
- Inventory and record quantities of materials and finished products, requisitioning additional supplies as necessary.
- Repair or replace damaged moulds, pipes, belts, chains, or other equipment, using hand tools, hand-powered presses, or jib cranes.
- Obtain and move specified tools to workstations using appropriate equipment
- Connect water hoses to cooling systems of dies, using hand tools.
- Maintain inventories of materials.
- Participate in continuous improvement practices
- Work pro-actively with all employees across various departments, undertaking a flexible approach to ensure the business needs are met.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and any other persons who may be affected by your acts and to co-operate with the Company in order that the employer’s duty may be fulfilled.
Job ref: SC22-5170
- Previous experience within an injection moulding manufacturing environment is essential.
- Recognised injection moulding qualifications
- Strong understanding of moulding process
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Wide range of materials knowledge
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to understand and deliver quality criteria would be desirable but training is available
- Knowledge of Demag injection moulding machinery – desirable
- Lean manufacturing experience – desirable
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation requirements – Desirable
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastic”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.