Job Overview: Our client, an industry leading injection moulding manufacturer, are looking for a Trainee Metrology Engineer to join their team.
- As a Trainee Metrology Engineer, you will work as part of the Quality Team and report to the Metrology Engineer, ensuring all components that reach the customer are in line with their expectations.
- You will support the introduction of new products into production, through extensive product trialling and the creation and introduction of supporting processes.
- The Trainee Metrology Engineer will investigate nonconformities alongside the Metrology Engineer and Quality Engineer, feeding back to both internal and external customers on causes and corrective actions.
- Working with the Metrology Engineer and outside 3rd parties to develop metrological skills including but not limited to Non-Contact, CMM & Faro arm systems. Six sigma methodology, ISIR, Cap study and Gauge R&R studies.
- Deliver the Quality Assurance processes in line with ISO9001 and ISO13485.
- Supporting the Metrology engineer with the use of the OGP and CMM to write and develop basic programs for assessing 1st off’s.
- Aiding in the calibration of instruments and updating the internal calibration system as required
- Developing PWI’s and Quality plan documents from scratch to meet the customer specification and enable the Quality Team to ensure quality standards are met.
- Working with the Metrology Engineer on the measurement of new products introduced into the business utilising the Metrology equipment within the organisation.
- Support continuous improvement activities driven by the metrology engineer and be an active member of the internal audit team.
- Working with the Metrology engineer and the Quality engineer to investigate and conclude quality issues.
- Ensure the Quality Control Lab is kept clean and tidy and complies with Health & Safety method statements.
- Any other ad-hoc duty as required by the business, including supporting stock taking activities where required.
Skills & Experience:
Job Ref: SC22-5173
- Educated up to GCSE Level or equivalent
- An engineering qualification at HNC level or City and Guilds Engineering qualification would be advantageous.
- Process orientated, with an eye for detail
- Previous working experience and understanding of ISO 13485 and ISO9001
- A good understanding of 5S
- Experience of WinMan (ERP) and Mattec (Production Monitoring) systems
- Knowledge of OGP and CMM systems and exposure to 8D process and procedures
- Excellent understanding of injection moulding common faults.
- Previous exposure of Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Qualified internal auditor desirable
- Computer literate, including MS Windows/Office Products and MRP systems
- Ability to use measuring tools to undertake dimensional checks in line with those required by quality check sheets, including a Vernier, shadow graph, pin and thumb gauges, slip gauges etc.
- Ability to understand customer product drawings and translate these into simplified check sheets for use by the quality team and operators.
Key Words: “Quality Engineer”, “Quality Technician”, “Quality Engineering”, “Quality Inspector”, Manufacturing , ”Metrology Engineer”, “Trainee Metrologist”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.