Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking for an experienced Moulding Manager to join their team as part of their business growth plan.
- Reporting to the CEO / Chairman, you will be responsible for improving the existing production process in a busy mould shop.
- As a Moulding Manager you will be responsible for approximately 20 staff per shift including Setters, Operators and Material Handlers
- In the role of Moulding Manager, you will be required to provide technical expertise within the moulding department and take on a hands-on role when required.
- The successful candidate will have excellent moulding knowledge, knowing how to set from scratch, trouble shoot moulding and processing issues and carry out process optimisation.
- For a proven Moulding Manager, this is an excellent opportunity to work within a company who are currently experiencing a period of growth.
- To proactively lead, develop & mentor a production & moulding team to meet shift KPI’s and production demand.
- As Moulding Manager, you will be responsible for the development of the moulding and tooling personnel to a high standard of knowledge, skill and integrity.
- In the role of Moulding Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the moulding and tooling department.
- To support the Production Manager and colleagues to achieve high motivation and productivity through consistent and positive leadership.
- Ensure effective planning and organisation to meet and go beyond customer expectations and requirements.
- Undertake performance appraisals.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement processes to improve production efficiency.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Environmental working practices are followed at all times.
- Co-ordinate materials planning & control, production planning & control whilst liaising with other departments.
- Manage the skills and development of production staff, including identifying training needs, coaching and promoting teamwork.
- Problem solving, implementation and maintenance of lean principles.
Job Ref: SC22-5181
- Have a strong background in technical injection moulding processes.
- Must have recognised injection moulding qualifications
- Supervisory or Management experience within plastic injection moulding setting, hi-volume manufacturing or Trade Moulding is essential
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, work on own initiative
- Demonstrate continuous improvement initiative
- Good experience within lean manufacturing tools, ie 5S, 5Y, SMED
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
Key Words: “Mouldshop Manager” “Mould Shop Manager” “Senior Process Technician” “Injection Moulding” “Setter”, “Moulding Technician” “Injection Moulding Setter” “Process Technician” “Process Development Technician” “Setter Supervisor” “Senior Setter” “Plastic”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.