Job Overview: Our client, a successful hi-volume injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for a Toolmaker to join their team.
- To maintain, repair and improve all injection moulds to a high standard. To be able to operate the manual machinery within the Toolroom and work towards programming and operating the CNC machines
- To ensure that company policies on such matters as health and safety, housekeeping, etc are always followed, with the target being ‘ZERO’ accidents
- To ensure regular mould maintenance is carried out to the highest standard
- To diagnose mould problems/issues, investigating the possible causes and putting the necessary solutions in place to fix them
- To maintain and repair hot runner systems including Husky, Moldmaster & Manner
- To train and develop the skills needed for Mould Maintenance to other members of the Team including Apprentices
- Liaise with the Production and Process Departments, especially where there are quality issues with moulds/closures.
- To be able to operate manual machines such as lathes, milling machines, cylindrical grinding machines & surface grinding machines.
- Ensure that all working areas are kept clean, tidy & organised utilising 5S methods.
- To be able to programme and operate CNC machinery such as lathes, milling machines and cylindrical grinding machines working from engineering drawings or samples provided.
- To be able to use controls such as Heidenhain and Fanuc.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and to manufacture parts working to tight tolerances
Skills & Experience:
Job Ref: SC22-5182
- Time served Toolmaking (or similar) apprenticeship.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Toolmaker or Machinist
- Should be familiar with injection moulding, experience with closure moulds would be an advantage
- Previous experience of CNC machines, lathes, cylindrical grinding and milling is desirable but not essential
- Self-driven, with a positive attitude and a proactive outlook
- Able to work efficiently independently and under own supervision as well as part of a Team
- Focused on meeting challenging deadlines
Key Words: “Tooling Technician”, “Tool maker”, “Toolmaker”, “Mould Tooling”, “Tooling Maintenance”, ”Tooling Engineer”, “injection moulding”, “CNC”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.