Job Overview: On behalf of our client, an established plastic injection moulding manufacturer servicing the automotive, electronics and fluid movement sectors, to appoint a new Project Manager.
- In the role of Project Manager you will be responsible for supplying technical support to customers, sales and the engineering team, taking ownership of project and people management, including budgetary responsibilities.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of new product development, ensuring customer needs are met in full through the NPI process.
- As Project Manager you will be from a technical background with proven achievements of technical applications, product development and tooling concepts.
- This is a challenging role with the addition of security, stability and a great platform for further career progression.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in plastic injection moulding in a hi-volume manufacturing environment.
- In the role of Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management of NPI projects from cradle to grave.
- The successful Project Manager candidate will be responsible for managing new product introduction functions to meet budgeted financial performance.
- As Project Manager you will lead new project activity, ensuring agreed deadlines are met and transfer of information through departments is both consistent and continuous.
- The right Project Manager candidate will have a proven track record of delivering projects on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Lead and co-ordinate internal resources including the toolroom, to ensure the optimum technical solution is achieved. Whilst ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Provide technical advice and support on all aspects of plastic injection moulding.
- Support Sales / Production and Engineering by providing technical solutions
- Support Sales and Engineering to manage and guarantee on time availability of moulded parts to ensure sign off dates and specifications are met.
- Oversee all work undertaken by technical /project team ensuring it is efficiently and cost effectively completed by target dates set.
- Provide moulding data for quotation purposes / new projects.
- Relevant technical / engineering degree is preferred, HNC, or equivalent NVQ level 4 qualification
- MUST HAVE Proven experience of working within an injection moulding production environment
- Good mechanical engineering or Polymer qualifications
- Thorough understanding of polymer-based materials and their processing
- MUST HAVE Strong knowledge of injection moulding machines, ancillaries and their functions with significant project management experience
- Competent in project management, problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Change and business improvement oriented
- Financial awareness
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and manage a variety of cross-functional teams
- Excellent influencing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and achieve results
- Knowledge of employment legislation and Health, Safety and Environmental standards
Job Ref: SC22-5167A
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Project Manager”, “Process Manager”, “Senior Process Engineer”, “NPI Manager”, “NPI Engineer”, Plastics
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.