Job Overview: Our client, an industry leading injection moulding manufacturer, are looking for an experienced Toolroom Team Leader to join their team.
- An opportunity has arisen within the Toolroom department for a Toolroom Team Leader working as part of a team.
- Reporting to the Toolroom Supervisor, the Toolroom Team Leader is primarily responsible for providing support to the Toolroom Supervisor, through a hands-on toolmaking role to ensure the successful operation of the toolroom and prototyping departments.
- As Toolroom Team Leader, you will provide training to the toolroom and prototyping staff.
- Ensure prototyping, tool development, maintenance and servicing tasks are carried out efficiently, cost effectively and to the required quality standard.
- Champion the use of 3D methods, including CMM measurement, Cimatron CAD/CAM and other software as required.
- Ensure Toolroom and Prototyping staff work in a safe and effective manner.
- Upkeep and maintain reporting records as required.
- Provide cover for the Toolroom Supervisor as and when required.
- Undertake Last Off checks in line with the relevant procedure.
- Setting up of inspection criteria in Mattec.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Extensive plastic injection mould tool manufacturing experience
- Experience of plastic injection mould tool repair and servicing
- Financially astute with the ability to minimise costs.
- Experienced in prototype manufacture.
- Robust approach to problem solving and manufacturing process optimisation
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and TS16949 Product Realisation Process
- An effective time served toolmaker, coach and facilitator with a personable but confident interpersonal style.
- The ability to train apprentices, coaching them to achieve a fully skilled status.
Desirable Skills and ExperienceJob Ref: SC22-5186
Key Words: Toolmaker, “Tool maker”, “Toolroom Manager”, “Tooling supervisor”, “Toolroom Team Leader”, “injection moulding”, “mould tools” TS16949, plastics
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.