Job Overview: Exclusively working alongside our business partner, Arburg UK are an established injection moulding machine tool supplier, seeking an experienced Service Manager with proven electro-mechanical Engineering & Organisation experience & skills gained within the Plastic Injection Moulding industry, Ancillary or Plastics manufacturing sectors.
Overall objective: To be part of ARBURG’s management team and be responsible for running a busy service, calibration and spares department within the subsidiary based in Leamington Spa with the aim of supporting ARBURG customers throughout the UK and Ireland. A proactive role that demands a clear focus on providing industry leading support, whilst dealing with challenging customer demands and working under pressure to meet deadlines.
Suitable applicants will be either a Senior Service Engineer looking to progress; Service Manager, Maintenance Manager, or an Engineering manager with an electro-mechanical bias and experience of multi-people management.
- Overseeing a team of external service engineers and internal customer support staff and liaising closely with the parent company in Lossburg.
- Proactively working with ARBURG’s internal systems to introduce and monitor new concepts to stimulate business in service, calibration and spares activities.
- Overseeing machine calibration/inspection contracts, plus service level agreement criteria, together with introducing pricing structures.
- Take control and responsibility for annual budgets and invoicing and working with the Financial controller, Sales Director and Managing Director to create an annual budget plan.
- Organising annual training schedules for staff in house and in ARBURG Lossburg.
- Organising customer training.
- Responsibility for spares and stores personnel.
- Overseeing and responsible for spares stock holding, forecasts & monitoring.
- Dealing with customer relations where necessary.
- Responsible for warranty/exchanges/loans/credits; monitoring the UK and dealing with Lossburg.
- Responsible for service, spares and calibration invoicing / budgeting control.
- Monitoring of all plant maintenance within ARBURG.
- Overseeing facilities management (ARBURG HQ building)
- Overseeing H&S & environmental general policies.
- Responsible for H&S on ARBURG machines and robots.
- Working closely with external consultants in line with quality management ISO 9001 procedures.
- Responsible over external service engineers and internal customer support staff.
- The Service Manager role requires them to be part of the management team within ARBURG and act accordingly in line with the philosophies and expectations from customers and Lossburg.
- That the service manage manages all staff reporting to them within ARBURG Ltd according to the company’s rules and ensure compliance.
- The Service Manager adopts a flexible approach on a daily basis, working on their own initiative without influence or instruction from other members of the management team.
- The Service Manager is personally available for staff reporting to them as required. This may occasionally fall outside the normal working days and hours of the week.
- An office based position which requires visiting customers when needed to resolve issues, discuss service and spares part supplies, together with calibration contracts.
- The service manager needs to an excellent communicator who can manage ARBURG staff, liaise with customer’s employees and management and personnel within Lossburg at all levels.
- That the service manager must be able to implement and use any and all new systems increasingly becoming available to the subsidiary from Lossburg.
- The service manager must be commitment to driving change where ever necessary internally at ARBURG UK in line with Germany’s implementation worldwide.
- You must notify ARBURG Ltd if you have any solicitation clauses in your existing contact of employment that might affect your ability to undertake all the roles described within this document.
- To be available for training both in-house, Germany and external locations.
- A full and valid driving license to be maintained at all times.
- With the aid of in-house and external training, to ensure computer literacy and knowledge of machine technology and processes will be attained and regularly updated.
Job Ref: SC22-5163
Key Words: “Service Manager”, “Senior Service Engineer”, “Engineering Manager”, “Maintenance Manager”, “Maintenance Supervisor”, “Injection Moulding” “Plastics”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.