Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a specialist injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking for an Injection Moulding Technician to join their team to support continued business growth and expansion.
- The position of Injection Moulding Technician will work within the manufacturing department and offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the implementation of innovative products to help improve efficiencies
- The role of an Injection Moulding Technician is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- The ideal Injection Moulding Technician candidate will be able to maintain and develop the 5S principles and to be accustomed to working in that environment.
- As injection moulding technician it is your responsibility to ensure optimisation of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production.
- Carry out mould and colour changes. To move materials to and from machine when required and as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist with the maximisation of machine efficiency and utilisation - Routine maintenance and repair monitoring
- Ensure machine logs and product route cards are completed accurately and that shift changeover aspects are successfully communicated. To be aware of material usage and monitor product quality.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained in moulding area - Have a proactive approach to quality and ensure adherence to procedures.
- Work with a Continuous Process Improvement attitude - Liaise with other departments to ensure that the movement of material to/from the stores and production are transacted correctly and on time.
- To report mechanical, electrical and material defects that are outside his/her capability and that affects output or quality to the Team Leader.
- Must ensure they participate in the annual appraisal procedure and achieves all mutually agreed targets.
- Is expected to maintain a professional working relationship with all colleagues, whilst promoting a commitment to Total Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Working strictly to health & safety policy ensuring P.P.E is supplied and worn at all times.
Job Ref: SC22-5193
- Minimum 5 years injection moulding experience
- Ability to program moulding machines
- Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start-ups.
- Recognised injection moulding training / qualification
- Ability to conduct new tool trials and process optimisation
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and LEAN manufacturing
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Familiar with IML robotic systems and 6 axis robots
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation requirements
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Technician”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Technician Supervisor”, “Senior Technician”, “Mould Technician”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles