Job Overview: Our client, an industry leading injection moulding manufacturer, are looking for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
- Working for a technical plastic injection moulding company manufacturing plastic component for the automotive, civil engineering and educational markets.
- Experienced in all aspects of maintenance including working with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and mechanical equipment.
- A Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer will perform preventive, scheduled and corrective repairs and servicing on all items of equipment and plant that includes injection moulding machines, material delivery system, chilled water supply, material driers and granulators.
- Must be able to fault find and troubleshoot electrical and electronic issues on injection moulding machines and associated equipment.
- Working on single and three phase components.
- Working with multi-phase heating systems, 24V / 5V control systems such as canbus and profibus networks, electric safety circuits, IO modules and signals, control valves, changing sensors, contactors, probes etc., as well as being able to read and interpret electrical schematics especially for fault diagnosis and repair.
- Dealing with machine breakdowns and liaising with suppliers where necessary to identify root cause and perform repairs to restore production equipment in a timely manner.
- Record all maintenance tasks performed with any spares used and order spares where necessary to maintain stock location requirements.
- Will manage services maintenance and scheduling using external specialists.
- Comply with all company policies including Health & Safety.
Essential Skills & Experience
Job Ref: SC22-5195
- Must be fully qualified and trained electrical bias engineer.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and use to troubleshoot input /output issues and carry out tests and repairs
- Background of working with injection moulding machines and associated equipment.
- Ideally have experience of three axis robots.
- Be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Key Words: “Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Electrical Maintenance Engineer”, “Electro-mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Injection Moulding”, “Plastics”
Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.