Job Overview: Our client, a global leader in injection moulding systems and services to the plastics industry, is looking for a Field Service Technician to join their team.
- As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, start-up, and service of injection molding systems at customers’ plants.
- Operating from your home office, you will be mainly travelling to customers in UK and Europe (approximately 15% of your time outside of the UK). For the coordination and general administration, you will be guided from the European headquarters.
- This position offers great challenges and is a unique opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, that is a leader in the industry.
- As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for startups, troubleshooting, and upgrading clients’ injection molding machines, molds and auxiliary products
- Start-up and customer support
- Maintenance of equipment at customers’ premises
- Machine relocation
- Ensure that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.
- You must have a working knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding machines and automation
- Experience in control systems, hydraulics, electrical or mechanical field service will be an asset
- Trouble shooting attitude, with high focus on customer satisfaction, and correct working practices
- You should be a motivated self-starter, who understands the importance of customer satisfaction, and can be an ambassador for our strong core values
- HND or equivalent in electrical engineering or Electrical/Mechanical engineering
- Several years of on job experience of electrical or Electrical/mechanical maintenance/troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of PLC controls and industrial automated systems
- Home based, centrally living in the UK to be close to key customers
- Fluent in English and additional language skills considered an asset
Job Ref: SC22-5199
Key Words: “maintenance engineer”, “maintenance technician”, “multi-skilled maintenance engineer”, “electro-mechanical maintenance engineer”, “service engineer”, “service technician”, “field service”, “injection moulding”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.