Job Overview: Our client, an established injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for an Injection Moulding Setter with team leader experience to join their successful team and support continued business growth.
- As a Mould Setter Shift Leader, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- In the role of Mould Setter Shift Leader, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
- The role of a Mould Setter Shift Leader is to be responsible for a small team and Mouldshop across shift.
- For a proven Injection Moulding Setter with leadership experience, this is an excellent opportunity to work within a company who are currently experiencing a period of growth.
- In the role of Mould setter Shift Leader, you will be required to check the daily schedule with the Production / Plant Manager and check ongoing activities from the previous shift.
- As Shift Leader you will be responsible for the set-up of injection moulding machines for production and/or sampling as required by the Supervisor or Works Order’s to the company’s standard setting procedures.
- Ensure that all tools and machines are set up to the requirements of the Quality Control / Setting Sheet for the relevant job.
- Basic machine maintenance, trouble shooting and process optimisation activities.
- Complete the relevant Production Control / Quality Control documentation and machine logbooks as necessary.
- Assist the shift setters in developing processes to provide better quality, higher efficiency and reduced development time.
- To drive continuous improvements ensuring product quality is maintained & good working practices are adhered to.
- Champion and promote 5s within the moulding team
- Monitor and adhere to Health & Safety legislation
- Reporting on the shift and the production quantities to the manager
- Quality control
- Overseeing a shift of personnel
- Leading a team of employees to ensure company goals, safe practices and deadlines are met effectively
- Recognised injection moulding qualifications or equivalent experience within injection moulding.
- Previous experience within an injection moulding manufacturing environment is essential.
- Ability to set moulding machines from scratch for new tooling.
- Be experienced in trouble shooting and problem solving, tool trials, NPI and the complete process setup
- Have knowledge of process optimisation, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Safe tool hanging experience
- A good understanding of injection mould tooling, how they work and what issues to look out for
- Maintenance of machinery experience and a good hands-on approach for machine fault finding
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player who is capable of working to your own initiative.
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastic”, “Mould Setter”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.