Job Overview: Our client, an established and forward-thinking independent energy & commodities trading company, is seeking a Operations Specialist with strong experience of trading operations to join their team to support continued growth of the business.
- Our client is an international trader of a broad range of technical commodities with a global presence in plastics, petrochemical and solvents.
- Successful applicants MUST HAVE knowledge of Oil Products Trading / Operations, including Base Oils, Plastics and Petrochemicals.
- Applicants must reside in the UK and be able to commute to the company offices in London.
Role: As Senior Operations Specialist you will work in a partnership with the Trading Department and assume overall responsibility for implementing procedures that enable the Trading Department to achieve its intended results.
- In the role of Operations Specialist, it will be your responsibility to supervise a small team of professionals to deliver operational activities.
- To deal with oil products & freight counter parties, terminals and vessels on a regular basis regarding all post trade deal activities, ensuring all necessary operational information is passed on in good time, and documentary requirements are met.
- As an Operations Specialist you will be required to ensure that all oil products and freight operational information is entered into trading systems in a timely manner, and to ensure that adequate records are kept meeting the company's legal and fiscal obligations.
- To enhance value from all cargo trading activities, including shipments and storage, through effective planning and commercial optimisation.
- To manage the timely settlement of payments and claims, including demurrage, with service providers and counterparties.
- To add value by exercising embedded commercial and logistical deal options and by a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- To liaise with the Finance Department, providing them with timely, accurate data and documentation to facilitate smooth invoicing and payment for cargoes.
- The successful Operations Specialist candidate will participate in out-of-hours coverage arrangements.
- Performing other duties, as and when required by the Management Team.
- Academic background in Finance, Economics or similar area (preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years Operations experience.
- In depth understanding and experience of Oil Products Trading / Operations in relevant geographic areas of business including the UK, the EU and the Mediterranean.
- Knowledge and experience in shipping, freight trading and road truck deliveries
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and team working skills
- Proven people skills, including delegation and motivation
- Strong negotiation skills alongside excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial acumen, including planning and forecasting
- The ability to represent the Company to relevant external audiences and key partners
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Must be highly motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
Key Words: “Senior Operations Specialist” “Operations Manager”, “Operations Specialist” “Sales Manager”, “Operations Leader”, “Oil Products”, “Plastics Commodities”, “Petrochemicals”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.