Job Overview: Working alongside our client, we are seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join their bespoke manufacturing facility.
- Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer is a “hands” on, pro-active role, responsible for all aspects of fault diagnosing, electrical/ mechanical repair and maintenance of machinery including automated assembly cells/injection moulding/hydraulic presses.
- The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role is a mix of reactive maintenance and planned preventative maintenance (PPM) in a high-volume manufacturing facility
- The facility has a wide range of machinery including automated assembly cells/injection moulding/hydraulic presses
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will complete PPM activities of factory services and support new installations of plant and miscellaneous equipment
- You will have strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience in problem-solving, fault finding and repairing manufacturing machinery.
- You should be a focused team player with a strong character and continuous improvement mindset – always aiming to further improve the department
- The successful candidate will be joining a highly successful company who can offer a massive amount of stability, longevity and security
Expectations / experience:
- Electrical and mechanical qualification to at least NVQ level 3 or 4
- 16th or 17th or 18th Edition Wiring regulations certificate
- Experience in injection moulding, hydraulics, pneumatics, manufacturing and a factory environment are preferred
- A proven track record in a similar role with an extensive understanding of PLC systems
- You must have good electrical investigation and repair experience
- You will have a good mechanical application and experience/working understanding of hydraulics and/or pneumatics
- Ability to weld
- Experience in Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Experience in reactive maintenance
- Troubleshooting problems on various types of equipment
- You will have good clear communication skills
Key Words: “Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Electrical Maintenance Engineer”, “Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Technician”, “Injection Moulding”, “Plastics”, “manufacturing”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.