Job Overview: Our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for an Injection Moulding Setter to join their team to support continued business growth.
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- The role of an Injection Moulding Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- For a skilled injection moulding setter, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking company with opportunities to gain industry-recognised training and qualifications.
- In the role of injection moulding setter, you are responsible for preparing all equipment prior to all changes taking place and confirming this with your line manager.
- As injection moulding setter you are responsible for taking two last off samples and filling in the relevant paperwork. One sample is for the tool room and should stay with the tool. The other sample is for the quality department and should be given to the engineer on shift.
- You are responsible for stopping the injection moulding machine and making it safe before the change can take place.
- The successful injection moulding setter candidate is responsible for ensuring all previous parts are removed from inside the machine and on top of machine platens.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct ancillary equipment is connected correctly and set up.
- Perform changes to the new material according to the new works order.
- You are responsible for producing quality parts for production and submitting a sample to the quality department.
- As injection moulding setter you are responsible for completing the correct documentation/SharePoint for the new product.
- You are responsible for communicating any mechanical/tool related issues to the relevant department.
- You are responsible for removing any equipment not being used and stored safely.
- You are responsible for handing the injection moulding machine over to production when the change is complete. You will inform the operator responsible for the injection moulding machine and your line manager that the machine is now in production.
- You are responsible for ensuring that granulators are used when required. Any reasons for a granulator not being used must be reported to your line manager.
- You are responsible for the parts containment on the machines in your area.
- Good Housekeeping (5S) – Ensure machines are kept tidy; do not leave tools on machine beds, remove purgings; put SMED items back on stands; etc. Also, whenever possible use the final 30 minutes of the shift to assist general 5S, in terms of cleaning
- Optimise machine cycle times. Ensure parts are running to cycle, and report to the shift manager if the cycle time is not running to the costed cycle.
- Diligently maintain accurate records and data to support monitoring of all performance criteria.
- Minimum 3 years of injection moulding experience
- Recognised injection moulding qualifications are an advantage
- Materials processing experience to include PVC, ABS, Polycarbonate, Polypropylene & Glass-filled Nylon
- Tool hanging/removal & setting of injection mould presses
- Troubleshooting & Problem solving
- Basic machine maintenance
- Crane qualified (Desirable)
- FLT qualified (Desirable)
- Effective team worker
- Flexible attitude in carrying out different types of work
- Able to work overtime when required
- Good communication skills to line management level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Desire to learn new skills and undertake training
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastic”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries, you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.