Job Overview: On behalf of our client; an established plastic injection moulding company, we are looking to recruit a HSE Manager to join their team.
- The HSE Manager is critical to the continued growth and success of the business, with a location that encompasses a high volume, high product mix-manufacturing, warehousing and distribution environment.
- Reporting to the Site Director, as a key member of the site operations leadership team, the HSE Manager will have an overarching day-to-day responsibility (full-time, 5-days/week) to ensure safe and effective management systems are in place.
- Continuous improvement, innovation and a forward-thinking attitude will be key to success in the role and to meet best-in-class HSE performance.
- An attractive salary is on offer along with a bonus, pension and the potential for longer-term career prospects for the successful candidate.
- Health, Safety & Environmental- Lead planning and execution of the HSE Engagement Metric. This comprises HSE review meetings, formal HSE training initiatives, toolbox talks, audits/inspections and safety kaizens/HSE continuous improvement projects.
- People- Train, coach and develop employees and management in HSE awareness and Safety Culture development. Leverage Change Management practices to obtain buy-in for new methods of work and management system implementation.
- Quality- Align with ISO Accredited Integrated Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO50001) to ensure compliance across all shifts. Revise documentation (Safe Systems of Work (SSOWs), SOPs, forms, worksheets) to an agreed, standardised work approach using known best practices.
- Delivery- Achieve on-time submission for regulatory, divisional and site-based reporting requirements.
- Cost- Own the HSE cost centre. Report measurable improvements on department costs through Essentra Cost Savings (ECS) improvement activities while maintaining HSE system effectiveness.
- Inventory- Ensure raw materials, recycled content and manufactured product are handled in a responsible manner; aligned with divisional sustainability goals. Maintain SDS catalogue of on-site inventory.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You must have high-volume, high-mix manufacturing environment experience - plastic injection moulding experience is highly desirable
- You should have a degree in a relevant discipline or a NEBOSH diploma
- Alternatively, suitable similar qualification or appropriate industrial manufacturing experience and an ISO Lead Auditor Qualification
- You should have experience in leadership in a matrixed organisation
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is desirable
- Chartered level of the relevant accredited body (IOSH, IEMA, IIRSM) and/or PUWER / Machinery Safety qualification is desirable
- You should be experienced with LOTO/hot work/hoisting & lifting/ergonomics program execution, ISO Management Systems and continuous improvement project management
- Experience in delivering training to IOSH and NEBOSH standards is desirable
- You should be skilled in Lean Principles (SMED, 5S, Standardized Work / SSOWs and SOPs) and data-driven decision making.
- Strong up to date knowledge of UK HSE legislation
Key Words: “HSE Manager, “SHEQ Manager”, “Quality Manager”, “Customer Quality Engineer”, “QHSE”, “manufacturing”, “injection moulding”, “plastics”, “lean manufacturing”, “hi-volume manufacturing”, “NEBOSH”, “IOSH”, “Health & Safety”
Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.