Job Overview: Our client, an established injection moulding Toolmaker offering a unique manufacturing solution, has retained our services to search for a Toolmaker to join their team.
- As a Toolmaker you will be joining a busy toolroom whose capabilities range from the simplest open and shut tools, to multi-cavity auto-unscrewing tools
- You will be making tools, as well as completing maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting within the mould shop
- The Toolmaker will also manufacture tooling for other moulders as well as mould other manufacturers tools
- The Toolmaker will be responsible for the modification & repair of Injection Mould Tools
- Manufacture and fitting of new injection mould tools
- You will be preparing new Mould Tools for Production
- The Toolmaker will make use of use of the standard, grinders, Millers, CNC, and CAD software – though Visi software is operated onsite
- Use of CNC millers, Wire eroding and Spark Eroding machines
- This is an exciting opportunity for the successful Toolmaker offering stability and progression
- You must have experience in maintenance, repair and modification of Injection Mould Tools in a well-equipped modern tool room, and high precision machining
- You should understand and have experience in fitting and assembly of complex mould tools including their repair
- Previous experience of Manufacturing Injection Mould Tools, using the latest technology in a newly fitted out toolroom would be a distinct advantage
- Have the ability to work to tight time scales without compromising quality and safety
- Experience in general toolmaking, manual milling, turning, grinding, EDM Wire and spark erosion and fitting.
- CNC Machining experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of hydraulic cylinders and hot runners is desirable
- Experience of training / working with apprentices would be advantageous
- Candidate to have the ability to communicate well and be part of a team in a small business
Key Words: “Tooling Technician”, “Tool maker”, Toolmaker, “Mould Tooling”, “Tooling Maintenance”, ”Tooling Engineer”, “Tool Design”, “injection moulding”, “CNC”, “Die Casting”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.