Job Overview: Our client, a market-leading engineering company, has retained our services to search for a Project Engineer to join their team. This is an exciting time to join an established and expanding business.
- As Project Engineer you will be required to manage multiple projects together with a small team of engineers.
- For a proven project engineer, this is an excellent opportunity to secure a stable position in a forward-thinking company.
- This is a varied role with opportunities to add value to the company’s growth
- In the role of Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the control of projects from initial concept through to completion
- Tooling for manufacture/design specification (working with sub-contract tooling companies)
- Product design and development support
- Production process methodology
- Creation of Bill of Materials and Operator instructions
- Participating in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- To liaise with all members of the department to ensure operations run smoothly
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Communicate effectively with both customers and suppliers from a technical standpoint
- Budget control for tooling, plant and equipment relating to projects
- To ensure Health & Safety rules are maintained within your own work area and demonstrate a duty of care to colleagues, visitors, contractors, or anyone else on site
- An experienced individual with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- HNC in an engineering discipline is desirable
- Press tool knowledge is highly desirable
- Proven experience in leading multiple engineering projects at any one time
- Must be able to work as part of a team to ensure short lead-time projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Self-motivated and confident with taking responsibility for all areas of work
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of 3D / Solidworks Design software (Preferred but not an absolute must)
- Mechanical engineering biased
- Process focussed
Key Words: “Project Engineer” “Process Engineer” “Project Leader” “Engineer” “NPI Engineer” “Tooling Engineer” “Tooling Project Engineer”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.