Job Overview: We are working exclusively with Piovan UK, seeking an experienced electro-mechanical multi-skilled Service Engineer as part of their 2023/24 growth phase to meet major customer demand.
- Our client is seeking new, highly skilled professionals to work in synergy with a consolidated group which expands its horizons and markets every day. You will be working in an international, dynamic and vital organization where people have a fundamental role, where the merit, drive, and quality of both the individual and the team are rewarded. To our client, growth means continuously taking on new challenges, building new experiences which blend over time into a consolidated background, and the ability to imagine the future.
- The role will be Monday to Friday with occasional planned weekend work. There is a 24/7 call out service where successful candidates would be expected to cover one week on six. Weekend work and call out will be paid at agreed overtime rates.
Piovan UK, part of a large global footprint within Piovan Group locations, are an established and elite market leader in the development & production of systems for the automation of production processes for the storage, transport and treatment of polymers, plastic and food powders.
UK head office based in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- 531m turnover 2022
- 14 Production sites
- 43 Service / Sales offices
- 1800 employees worldwide
- As a Service Engineer you will take care of the service, installation, start-up, commissioning and training of equipment supplied to customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
- You will work independently, predominantly in the North / East of the UK, but cover other areas as required to support the Servive Engineer team with larger projects / holidays etc
- Regular travel will be required during the working week, a company car will be provided for business and personal use, accommodation and subsistence expenses will be covered by the company.
- You will benefit from an initial training and coaching phase, where the successful candidate will shadow members of the current engineering team, the duration of which will vary depending on the level of preparation and knowledge of the candidate.
- Remote / Home based in any UK location covering East UK territories
- Can be residing in any location between North Birmingham upto Newcastle, ie a 250 mile radius of Sheffield.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory Bank Holidays.
- Call out retainer – one off payment of £1500
- Long working day payment, - on average, a further £1300 per year
- Skoda Octavia estate – “23” plate, plus business & personal fuel
- Life assurance at 3 x salary
- Pension = company 4% / employee 4% - after 3 months
- Access to company healthcare scheme
- Training & knowledge bank days
- You must have a technical training qualification in mechanical / electrical Engineering
- You will be electrically biased with a background in primary & secondary machinery maintenance, servicing and installation, and be confident / proficient to work to board level
- Experience in injection moulding or plastics would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills & a professional manner
- Self-motivated, reliable and must be able to work unsupervised
- All candidates must be flexible as travel is required throughout the UK
Key Words: “Service Engineer”, “Field Service Engineer”, “Installation Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Electrical Engineer”, “Mechanical Engineer” “Multi-Skilled Maintenance”, “Injection Moulding” “Plastics”, Polymers,