Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Service Engineer, preferably in the Midlands area, to join our fantastic team and provide service support to Sumitomo Demag Injection moulding machinery. You will be based from home and required to travel around the UK (with occasional visits to Ireland and German HQ) to visit customers to provide first-class service, maintenance and fault-finding activities.
Who are we?
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag UK is one of the leading importers of injection moulding machinery in the UK market. The IntElect machines are accepted in the market as being amongst the best in the world. The major markets for the machines are automotive, IT, packaging, electric/electronic, medical and pharmaceutical, building products and leisure. Currently, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag UK and Ireland are servicing more than 4,000 injection moulding machines serving more than 200 customers and have an outstanding training organisation with a range of courses. Our UK headquarters is based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and our new Irish office is located in Limerick.
What will you be doing?
- Install, maintain and repair Sumitomo Demag equipment at various customer sites, in accordance with company standards.
- Conduct regular inspections and preventative maintenance on Sumitomo Demag machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose machine faults, and perform necessary repairs or replacements.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure efficient operations and customer satisfaction.
- Accurately document records of work performed, parts used, and time spent on each job.
- Provide technical support and guidance to customers as needed.
What Benefits can we offer?
- Working for a progressive and friendly company which is focused on making Sumitomo Demag a great place to work in a sustainable fashion.
- Available overtime with current average earnings of £5,000.
- Flexible choice of company van/car with private use.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days plus Bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Company paid health insurance for you and your partner.
- Generous 10x salary life insurance policy.
- Company paid staff events.
- Performance-related bonus.
What is essential?
- HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or a related engineering discipline).
- Demonstrable experience of using Health & Safety guidance and instructions when undertaking duties at customer sites.
- Experience in repairing machinery which is electrical, mechanical and hydraulic in nature.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and electrical/hydraulic diagrams.
- Experience of using a variety of techniques to diagnose and resolve machine faults.
- Customer centric approach.
- Experience of report writing in a technical setting.
- Proficient user of Office 365 and other IT systems.
- Available to travel to German HQ for product training.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Currently based in the UK and willing to travel to customer sites with travel and periods away from home.
What is desirable?
- Previous experience as a Service Engineer.
- Experience in the injection moulding industry.
- Located within the UK Midlands area.
- Customer service qualification.
- Health & Safety qualification.