Working alongside our client, an established injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking for a Production Operations Manager with prior experience in an injection moulding manufacturing environment to join their successful team.
- The role of Production Operations Manager will suit an experienced Production Management professional with good prior experience of an injection moulding production environment, supported with a good appreciation for lean manufacturing & right-first-time initiatives, strong people development & management skills and identifying how to drive best practices and SOP’s.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking, secure and successful company during an exciting time of growth for the business.
- In the role of Production Operations Manager you will proactively lead, develop & mentor a production & moulding team to meet shift KPI’s and production demand.
- You will ensure quality standards are maintained, production downtime is minimised and performance targets are met
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing, motivating and mentoring a team of staff creating a positive working culture
- Overall responsibility for the department with regard to production, staffing resource, quality and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes across a busy production & assembly facility
- To support the senior management team and colleagues to achieve high motivation and productivity through consistent and positive leadership
- Ensure effective planning and organisation to meet and go beyond customer expectations and requirements
- Undertake performance appraisals, ascertaining areas for empowering staff’s career aspirations, job satisfaction and training options
- Identify and implement continuous improvement processes to improve production efficiency
- Co-ordinate materials planning & control, production planning & control whilst liaising with other departments
- Manage the skills and development of production staff, including identifying training needs, coaching and promoting teamwork
- Problem solving, implementation and maintenance of lean principles
- Ensure full compliance with health and safety regulations promoting a culture of safe working
To be discussed at interview
- Minimum 3 years supervisory / management experience within an injection moulding manufacturing environment
- Industry recognised supervisory qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge of injection moulding production
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Good experience within lean manufacturing tools, ie 5S, 5Y, Kaizen
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Good problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset