Overview: Working alongside our client, a leading injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking for a Technical Manager to join their established team.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a proven Technical Manager with a background in injection moulding, tooling, polymers and automation to join a forward-thinking company during an exciting time of growth for the company group.
- This position will suit an experienced technical injection moulding professional with good people management skills and NPI experience.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for process ownership of departmental procedures to satisfy IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
- As Technical Manager you will work closely with fellow management team members to overcome business challenges and drive business improvement.
- In the role of Technical Manager you will be responsible for developing research programs incorporating current developments to improve existing processes
- The successful Technical Manager will lead on New Technology Introduction, recognising opportunities, evaluation, justification & implementation.
- Determine and execute improved technologies used by suppliers, competitors and customers.
- Transfer new technologies, products and manufacturing processes into and out of the company.
- Research, design and evaluate materials, assemblies, processes and equipment.
- New Product Introduction: Costings, DFM, APQP, Project Management, global tool sourcing & development and production readiness.
- Design Moldflow, engineering change control & rapid prototyping.
- Establish, maintain and deliver the technical elements of the Technical and Commercial / Operations departmental business plan.
- Set & deliver agreed KPI targets and business objectives.
- Monitor team metrics and objectives ensuring meeting of goals.
- Establish project goals and priorities by collaborating with Marketing & Operations.
- Suggest training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development.
- Excellent Remuneration Package
- Company Car
- Life Insurance
- Possible Relocation Assistance
- Proven experience in Technical management and related disciplines
- Recognised Technical / Engineering / Polymer Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience within injection moulding, tooling and polymers
- Good technical knowledge of injection moulding machinery, automation equipment and processes
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Experience in automotive manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing
- HSE Qualification
- Good working knowledge of IATF16949
- UK Driving Licence