Working alongside our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, as part of their growth plan we are looking for a Quality Technician to join their team.
- The role of Quality Technician is to assist/support the QHSE Manager by providing production expertise to resolve Quality issues within the production operation.
- As a Quality Technician you will be responsible for ensuring the product meets customer requirements (both internal and external) at each stage of the manufacturing process, carrying out relevant evaluation and/or testing where necessary take corrective action to rectify non-conformance issues.
- This position will suit an experienced Quality Technician with proven experience within the injection moulding industry, who can display competency in confidently liaising with all levels of personnel.
- Ensuring the safe working of personnel with the Quality Control & Inspection areas.
- Conduct inspections at the required frequency to evaluate dimensional and visual assessment of components and identify areas of concern.
- Support operational personnel in achieving daily/ weekly production and delivery targets.
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the QMS/EMS (IATF16949 / ISO9001 / ISO14001)
- Lead the daily operations meeting, update and issue minutes.
- Ensure 5s standards and activities are maintained within the quality department.
- Review of outgoing product in line with agreed internal/customer quality standards/requirements.
- Identify potential concerns and support the QHSE Manager / Engineer to liaise with relevant internal and customer contacts until concerns are fully resolved using 8D and the appropriate problem-solving tools.
- Ensure scrap and non-conforming product are clearly identified, with any containment or rework activities clearly defined.
- Supporting project team by developing quality instructions, work instructions and any PPAP requirements.
- Maintain the smooth running of the Quality Control/Inspection areas with clear KPI achievement.
- Undertake internal audits in line with the agreed. schedule (where required).
- Support in the maintenance of the Quality & HSE (Integrated) management system
- Maintain ERP / MRP Quality system (Galion)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Hols
- Death in service at 3x Salary
- Extensive Training & Development Opportunities through Sierra 57’s award winning Mould Training Division
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Company healthcare scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Quality experience in an injection moulding manufacturing environment ideally automotive.
- Knowledge of automotive quality systems
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Confidence to liaise with all levels of personnel within customer and supplier’s organisations.
- Fully PC literate with Microsoft packages.