Moving your plastic injection moulding operation to a different manufacturer is nothing new. Sometimes mounting problems make this the best move for your business. If you’re thinking of making the move but aren’t quite sure what the process involves, then you’re in the right place with BEC Group’s latest blog.
Why move your moulding?
Issues such as delays in supplying parts, poor quality mouldings, and a lack of communication can all prompt a change in your plastic injection moulders. A move can involve reshoring your production (bringing it back to the UK from abroad) or moving moulders within the UK. While the decision to move moulders isn’t taken lightly, it can improve the cost, speed, and reliability of receiving your parts. As a bonus – you should get better communication and relationships with your new moulder to boot.
How to move your operation?
- The first step is to get in touch with a member of the BEC team to discuss your tooling and moulding requirements – we can establish if we’re the best fit for each other and have the necessary time and capacity to run your mouldings.
- Certainly, in the UK and most of the world, your company will own your mould tool. This may not always be the case if you are reshoring from countries in the Far East. You may have only paid a “contribution to tooling” and will therefore need to buy out your tool or re-tool entirely. We have helped many customers to re-tool from Asia and will be happy to advise you.
- Continuity of supply. Ensure that you have enough of your parts to cover the switchover period. This makes the transition between moulders stress-free for your supply chain.
- You will need to settle any outstanding debts on your account with your current moulders to move your tooling. Once your account is settled, you will be free to transport your tool(s) to BEC.
- Once your tool(s) are at BEC, our in-house toolroom will assess the tool and make any necessary repairs or alterations.
- Next, a sample run will be carried out to test that your tools run smoothly without issue. We will work out the finer details, such as machine settings and cycle times to give you an accurate quote for future mouldings.
What can BEC offer?
BEC Group has over 40 years’ experience in toolmaking and plastic injection moulding; in that time, we’ve learnt a thing or two about giving our customers a great experience alongside quality mouldings. We carry out large and small production runs: we understand that you don’t always need (or have room for) thousands of your parts, so we’re happy to produce high and low-volume orders for you. To view a selection of our most recent projects, including examples of reshoring mouldings from the Far East, read the ‘Projects’ section of our website. All UK orders have free delivery: You won’t be charged for us to get your goods to you. If you’re in a pinch for parts, you are welcome to pick up part orders from our Hampshire site. We deliver on time and in full within 28 days: Don’t waste time waiting for parts- we will deliver the entirety of your order within 28 days of confirmation. Committed to quality: BEC Group has held ISO 9001:2015 accreditation for over twenty years. Our commitment to quality checks includes hourly, first-off, and last-off inspections. Communication is key: Our award-winning (yes, there are awards for it!) communication is crucial to our great relationships with customers. Are you thinking about moving plastic injection moulders, or just want to chat about the options? Get in touch for a no-obligation conversation. Email email@example.com or call 01425 613131 today. Click here to read the latest news from BEC Group.